GM FIRST RESPONDER DISCOUNT + HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS - FAQs
Duration: April 1 – June 30, 2020
Participating Divisions: Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac
Expanded Eligibility: Healthcare Professionals (as defined by US Bureau of Labor Statistic). https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/home.htm
- Visit http://gmfirstrespondersdiscount.com/?nr=0, click on “Get Authorization Number”
- Click the "Sign In" button under 911 Dispatchers & Healthcare Professionals, then click "Register“
- Customers must create an account and receive an authorization code (no exceptions).
- Customer provides authorization code to dealer along with a copy of a valid Healthcare employee ID/Badge.
- Current (last 30 days) pay-stub with information redacted except date, customer name and employer name
- See program bulletin for full details
Who is eligible for the GM First Responder Discount Program?
- Firefighter, Police, EMT/Paramedic, 911 Dispatcher, and Healthcare Professional (as defined by US Bureau of Labor Statistic). https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/home.htm
Do Healthcare professionals need to verify using ID.me?
- No; however, a copy of a valid Healthcare employee ID/Badge or a copy of the customer’s current (within the last 30 days). Pay-stub with all information redacted excepted the date of the pay-stub, name of the customer (payee) and name of employer (payer) must be retained in the deal file
Does the GM First Responder Discount stack with GM Rewards Cards?
- Yes, it stacks with all GM Rewards Cards!
How does the dealer process the authorization code?
- Go to Global Connect and click on the VPP application!
How long are healthcare professionals going to be eligible for the program?
- Duration is April 1-June 30, 2020.
Where can I learn more about the GM First Responder Discount Program?